Thursday, September 2, 2010

One Week

There is a park a few blocks west from me called river side park (yeah, who knew nyc had parks beside Central Park... not me). It is very pretty; it runs pretty much down the whole western side of the island, right along the Hudson River. I have been using their bike/walking paths to go running on. Along the path is "Grant's Tomb". I can actually see the top out my window. It is the biggest Mausoleum in the US. Only Ulysses S. Grant and his wife are buried inside. You can actually go inside, but I was too creeped out. Sorry guys!

















I also learned two new things today.... SOHO stands for "South of Hudson." and TriBeCa stands for "Triangle Below Canal."

Classes started yesterday... SO much reading!!

Also, hurricane earl is on its way up here. It is supposed hit Long Island pretty hard. Parts of LI are being evacuated. They said we are supposed to get a lot of rain tonight and tomorrow, but right now the skies are blue with no clouds. Who knew New York City got Hurricanes?




1 comment:

  1. i do not miss hurricanes.. it is the calm before the storm

    ReplyDelete