Sunday, November 7, 2010

NYC Marathon Sunday

The marathon is a huge deal in New York. The whole city gets into it. Part of the race was 5 or so blocks from me so I went to check it out.



Here are some of the runners. I wish I could have taken a picture of the crowd... there were so many people watching. There were bands, noise makers... it was so loud!

Some of the runners were dressed up. Here's Minnie Mouse. I saw someone else with an orange wig, and another guy dressed as someone from Kiss. Later, I saw him on the news and he said today was his 52nd marathon!

Here are some fans on 5th avenue:

The runners ended with central park... so pretty!


Oh and on my way home I stopped in St John the Divine's garden... that big cathedral on Amsterdam. I always heard they had peacocks; today I saw the white one just roaming around the garden begging people for food!

2 comments:

  1. Very cool experience. Weather looks nicer than it was in Ohio that day. Did you feed the peacock? :)

    ReplyDelete